A new high-dose chemotherapy regimen has been shown to improve survival of children with high-risk neuroblastoma, a common pediatric of the University of Vienna.
What does HDCT stand for?
HDCT stands for High-Dose Chemotherapy (cancer treatment)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HDCT
We have 3 other meanings of HDCT in our Acronym Attic
- Hardy Displeasure Capacity Scale
- Harley Davidson Club Sweden
- Hermon DeKalb Central School (DeKalb Junction, NY)
- Human Development and Community Service (est. 1990; Nepal)
- Humanitarian and Development Coordination Section
- Human Diploid Cell Strain Rabies Vaccine
- Half Day City Tour (various locations)
- Heritable Disorder of Connective Tissue
- High Definition Computed Tomography
- High-Dose Cytotoxic Therapy
- Hybrid Discrete Cosine Transform
- Harbor Defense Command Unit (Naval Coastal Warfare commissioned reserve unit)
- Human Diploid Cell Vaccine
- High Density Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Hammer Debounce Device (airguns)
- Hard Decision Decoding
- Hard Disk Drive
- Hard Drive Division (various companies)
- Hardware Design Document
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Nice, most people with multiple myeloma are not able to withstand intensive treatment, such as high-dose chemotherapy with a stem cell transplant.
DALLAS, July 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Data from two clinical trials published in the July 3, 2003, issue of the New England Journal of Medicine explore potential benefits of high-dose chemotherapy with stem cell rescue in the treatment of high-risk breast cancer.
For example, in the evaluation of various applications of high-dose chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation, the patient's willingness to assume a high level of risk with uncertain but potential benefits has clashed with managed care companies' greater emphasis on knowledge of potential benefits.
Certain high-dose chemotherapy and radiation therapies and stem cell transplantation (SCT) can damage cells of the blood vessels and result in VOD, a blockage of the small veins of the liver that can lead to liver failure and the failure of other organs (severe VOD).
The strategy of using high-dose chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation in ovarian cancer has been abandoned by most oncologists, Dr.
29 /PRNewswire/ -- Today the Medical Advisory Panel (MAP) of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association's (BCBSA) Technology Evaluation Center (TEC) issued a revised assessment of high-dose chemotherapy with autologous bone marrow transplant (ABMT) for the treatment of metastatic breast (stage IV) cancer.
Within the past year, numerous states have introduced bills that would mandate insurance coverage for investigational cancer therapies - in particular high-dose chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant for breast cancer.