A partial listing of topics includes: modeling zero waste engineering processes with inherent sustainability, the case for a science of intangibles (colony collapse disorder), zero waste lifestyle with sustainable technologies, sustainable heating and cooling, solar energy and related innovative technologies, the potential of biogas, the use of all natural materials for engineering applications, nuclear energy, high temperature reactors for hydrogen production, and an economic assessment of zero waste engineering.
What does HTR stand for?
HTR stands for High Temperature Reactor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HTR
We have 113 other meanings of HTR in our Acronym Attic
- Harvard Theological Review (Cambridge, MA)
- Health Transition Review (journal)
- Heated Towel Rail
- Heavy Tactical Rifle (H-S Precision, Inc.)
- Heavy Technical Rescue (fire services; Virginia)
- Heavy Truck
- Hellenic Technology of Robotics
- Hemolytic Transfusion Reaction (blood transfusion)
- High Technology Rotor
- Hit the Roof Recordings (UK)
- Hockey Trade Rumors (fan website)
- Home Theater Receiver
- Honda Trouble Report
- Honda Türkiye AS (Turkish car manufacturer)
- Horticulture Therapist Registered
- Household Tracking Report
- How to Reproduce (software defects)
- Hunter: the Reckoning (White-Wolf game)
- Registered Horticultural Therapist
Samples in periodicals archive:
In autumn 2009, the JRC's Institute for Energy released its findings for a new 'head-end' process to liberate high temperature reactor fuel particles from their thick ceramic coatings in order to squeeze as much energy as possible out of the fuel.
22 /PRNewswire/ -- Credentialed media are invited to attend the opening session of the 4th International Topical Meeting on High Temperature Reactor Technology (HTR 2008), and participate in a press conference which will immediately follow.
Others include a much smaller high temperature reactor going ahead in South Africa and a Canadian heavy water reactor.
Dr Gray, who will receive an honorary Doctorate of Science, has conducted research into nuclear reactors and managed the operation of the Nuclear Fission High Temperature Reactor Experiment.
Pebble Bed Modular Reactor (PBMR) is a high temperature reactor (HTR), with a closed-cycle, gas turbine power conversion system.
The Office of Gas Reactor Deployment (NE-33) mission is to perform research and development leading to commercialization of gas-cooled high temperature reactor technology in conjunction with the Next Generation Nuclear Plant (NGNP) program; support the Nuclear Hydrogen Initiative (NHI) - aimed at demonstrating the economical use of nuclear energy to generate hydrogen gas; and perform research and development in conjunction with the Generation IV International Forum.