He told a protest rally by several hundred CERN staff and researchers that the additional demands of some European nations could "increase the risk of a breakdown" just as the experiment was entering period of steady high power operation.
What does HPO stand for?
HPO stands for High Power Operation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPO
We have 61 other meanings of HPO in our Acronym Attic
- High-Performance Network Service Provider
- Hunters Point Naval Shipyard (San Francisco, California)
- Hewlett Packard New Zealand
- Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra (Ontario, Canada)
- Head Post Office
- Health Promotion Officer
- Helix-Profile Optimization
- High Performance Option
- High Performance Organization
- High Power Objective (microscope lens)
- High Priority Occupation (Pennsylvania)
- High Purity Oxygen
- Highway Post Office
- Hitachi Philharmonic Orchestra (est. 1995; Japan)
- Hoechst Aktiengesellschaft & Co. Procurement Olefin KG
- Home Port
- Homeowner Protection Office (Canada)
- Honours Pathway Option (Australia)
- Horizontal Parallax Only (electronic holography)
- Hospital Police Officer (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new commercial tier radio offers users enhanced functionality including: -- Built-in simple voice scrambling for increased privacy; -- VOX ready for hands-free communication; -- Programmable buttons enabling easy, one-touch access to features; -- Multi-channel capability; -- X-Pand(TM) Technology and tight specifications to enhance the rejection of interference resulting in crisp, clear audio; and -- Long lasting battery life - standard Li-Ion battery solution offering up to 11 hours of battery life at high power operation.
In the area of QCL thermal management, Pranalytica has adapted its proven, industrial-quality packaging solutions, enabling sustainable high power operation of leading-edge QCLs in CW regime at room temperature with only simple air cooling.
Providing ultra linear high power operation for both indoor and outdoor distributed antenna systems (DAS), the WRH-V can house up to two high-power MCPAs, enabling network operators to support a coverage area with fewer WRH-V units, when compared to using standard power Wideband Radio Heads.
The key advantages of GaN based HFETs are their abilities in high temperature and high power operations.
The ADHELS Program will enable us to overcome the last remaining hurdle for this technology, which is to improve the beam quality at very high power operation.
The goal of this project is to develop, fabricate and package antimony-based diode lasers capable of high power operation at wavelengths between 2 and 5 microns.
TriQuint's Texas operation has five gallium arsenide (GaAs)-based processes available for monolithic microwave and/or millimeterwave frequency integrated circuits (MMICs) which are targeted for low noise, general purpose, or high power operation at frequencies through 40 GHz.