Now, back in the day, there used to be a number you would dial and get a high pitched tone.
What does HPT stand for?
HPT stands for High Pitched Tone (telephony)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HPT
We have 139 other meanings of HPT in our Acronym Attic
- Hazard Perception Test (Australia, driving)
- Hazard Prediction Tool
- Health Physics Technician
- Health Protection Technician
- Heartland Poker Tour
- Heat Pipe Technology
- Heparin Protamine Titration (assay)
- Heterojunction Phototransistor
- High Payoff Target
- High Performance Technologies, Inc
Samples in periodicals archive:
When delicate female protagonist Yi enters the stage, she speaks with the high pitched tone of a traditional performance of Chinese Opera.
A loud, high pitched tone made local calls impossible for residents of Carrshield, near Allendale.
A loud, high pitched tone makes local conversation impossible for residents of Carrshield, near Allendale, and yet they are able to make calls to other parts of the world on completely clear lines.