For example, Quantum's DXi-Series disk systems de-duplicate backup data in transit -- dramatically increasing effective disk capacity and significantly reducing the bandwidth needed for replication -- while storing the data in Quantum's high performance file system for rapid recovery.
What does HPFS stand for?
HPFS stands for High Performance File System
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of HPFS
We have 14 other meanings of HPFS in our Acronym Attic
- Harry Potter Fans Online
- High Pour Fuel Oil
- High Power Fiber Optic Towed Decoy
- Hierarchical Packet Fair Queueing
- High Performance Fiber Reinforced Cement (construction)
- High Performance Fiber Reinforced Concrete (construction)
- High Performance Fibre Reinforced Cementitious Composites
- Health Professionals Follow-Up Study (Harvard School of Public Health)
- Hereditary Periodic Fever Syndrome (genetic defect)
- Hewlett-Packard Financial Services (information technology investment services)
- High Purity Fused Silica (glass material)
- Hospital Patient Financial Services
- Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company
- Highland Park Figure Skating Club (Highland Park, IL)
- Human Pituitary Follicle Stimulating Hormone
- Hamlin Park Fieldhouse Theater (Chicago, IL)
- High-Pressure Fuel Turbopump
- High Pressure Fuel Turbo Pump
- Harry Potter Fanfic Updates
- High Performance Fighting Uniform
Samples in periodicals archive:
These solutions use the same divide-and-conquer approach as scale-out computing architectures--spreading data across the storage cluster, enhancing data and metadata operation throughput by distributing load, and providing a single point of management and single namespace for a large, high performance file system.
Xilo supports Lustre(TM), a high performance file system from Cluster File Systems, Inc.
Linux Networx storage solutions combine best-in-class hardware, management software and high performance file systems to best meet the unique requirements of each supercomputing environment.
Still to come: scalable SMP groundwork, high performance file system interfaces and solid multi-platform support.
IAR PowerPac is a fully featured real-time operating system (RTOS) combined with a high performance file system.
VERITAS Storage Foundation software brings unique capabilities required for mission critical applications of Linux, including storage area network support with dynamic multipathing, online storage management to reduce downtime, high performance file system and database access and a stable, mature code base.
Moreover, it will become a focal point for universities, labs, and vendors to come together and use the flexibility and open source status of Lustre to create solutions to the their high performance file system needs.