The company's products include the combat-proven Multiple Launch Rocket System M270-series and High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) mobile launchers, Havoc 8x8, Common Vehicle, Light Armored Vehicle-Command and Control, Warrior Capability Sustainment Programme, Joint Light Tactical Vehicle and pioneering autonomous platforms, such as the Squad Mission Support System.
What does HIMARS stand for?
HIMARS stands for High Mobility Artillery Rocket System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HIMARS
- Houston International Martial Arts Championship (Houston, TX)
- Hanford Information Management and Control System
- High to Medium Altitude Air Defense (US DoD)
- High-to-Medium-Altitude Air Defense Study
- High Mobility/Agility (Test Vehicle)
- High Mobility and Agility Ground Vehicle
- Health Information Management Association of New York City
- Hierarchical Modeling & Analysis Package
- High Maneuverability/Agility Advanced Rotor Control System
- (Study of) Hidden Markov Models and Neural Networks for Robust Isolated Word Recognition
- Highly Mobile Artillery System
- Handspring Institute of Massage and Shiatsu (Philippines)
- High Mobility Aerial Tactics (Gundam Seed anime)
- Highly Maneuverable Aircraft Technology
- History of Mining Activities in the Tyrol (and Adjacent Areas)
- High Mach Turbine Engine
- Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology
- Hume Industries (Malaysia) Berhad
- Harwest Industrial Minerals Corporation (Lakewood, CO)
- Health Institute for Mother and Child (est. 1990; New Delhi, India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The order comprises four Humvees manufactured by AM General, seven M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems manufactured by BAE Systems, and 600 rockets of various sorts and ranges, mostly manufactured by Lockheed itself.
The 45th FiB assisted the 4th Battalion, 133rd Field Artillery, Texas National Guard with M-142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System training and the 158th FA loaned the equipment and a maintenance team who field tested it.
GMLRS-U is a solid-propellant artillery rocket deployed from the M270A1 and the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System mobile launch vehicles.
EARLY-entry forces are a step closer to quicker delivery of field artillery fire to the battle-held, thanks to capabilities of a new rocket launcher--the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System.
10 million for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System.
The Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS), is a C-130 transportable, wheeled, all weather, indirect fire, rocket/missile system that is capable of firing all rockets and missiles in the current and future MLRS family of munitions.
BAE Systems will produce applique kits and provide program support for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) under the contract that follows a June 2010 award of $24 million for 63 HIMARS vehicles and applique kits.