Year by year, 7 000 cubic meters of high level waste are typically produced in the EU, with the majority of the material being stored in interim storages.
What does HLW stand for?
HLW stands for High Level Waste
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HLW
We have 6 other meanings of HLW in our Acronym Attic
- Header Lower Valve Drive
- High/Low-Voltage Detect
- human liver vascular endothelial cells
- Hypertensive Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
- High Level Virtual Machine
- Hind Limb Vascular Resistance
- Honey Lake Valley Resource Conservation District (Lassen County, CA)
- Heavy Lift Vertical Takeoff and Landing (aircraft)
- Heavy Logistics Vehicle Wheeled
- Herz Lungen Wiederbelebung (German: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- High Low Water (same as LW neaps)
- Honeder Lacher Wallner (Austria; software and web design firm)
- How Language Works
- Hybrid Large White (turkeys)
- High-Level Waste Interface Control Board
- High-Level Vitrified Waste
- How London Was Built (TV show)
- Half-Life Winamp Control (gaming software)
- Hermetic Lunar Week Calendar
- High Level Warning Device (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Safety has and will continue to be paramount to the workforce, the local community and all those who understand that the station and the industry's safety requirements are inspected to the very highest standards, this includes high level waste management which is a UK government responsibility and the Assembly's Environment minister is comfortable with this fact.
It said the most accurate estimate of the clean-up bill over the next 130 years was £73bn, which included £10bn for the future construction of a high level waste depositary.
The NRC figure comes as part of a correction to NRC's 1996 plant relicensing regulations, and does not include deaths from accidents, non-routine releases or high level waste and spent fuel disposal.
The bill would allow nuclear spent fuel and high level waste from civilian, defense, and foreign research reactors to be stored temporarily at Yucca Mountain.
Fluor Daniel is currently under contract to LITCO on three separate INEL projects involving high level waste treatment, liquid-effluent treatment and increased spent fuel storage.
The Engineering Scale MVS([R])is significantly larger than its Lab Scale system (see image) and was designed to demonstrate commercial scale-up by approximating the size of high level waste canisters used in Japan and Europe and to allow the company to claim, with support of its concurrent testing at PNNL, a Technology Readiness Level 6 per the DOE Guidelines.
two awards) for cold crucible induction melter and tank waste alumina recovery, THOR Treatment Technologies for treatment of Hanford and Savannah River site high level waste, Parsons Inc.