High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), which alternates all-out effort with recovery periods, jumped 28 per cent and CrossFit, a demanding, back-to-basics regimen, was up 15 per cent.
What does HIIT stand for?
HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training (sports training)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HIIT
- HUD Integrated Information Processing Service
- Health Improvement Institute Quality Award
- Hardware Independent Imaging Solution
- Health Information Integrated System
- Heavy Ions in Space
- Homeowners Insurance Inspection Services (Debary, FL)
- Honeywell Institute for Information Science
- Human Interfaces in Information Systems Laboratory (ISTI/CNR)
- Healthcare Information Infrastructure Technology
- Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (Finland)
- High-Intensity Intermittent-Training (exercise strategy)
- Horizontal Intra-Industry Trade (economics)
- Haags Instrumentaal Jeugdensemble (Dutch: Hague Youth Instrumental Ensemble; Netherlands)
- Health Informatics Journal
- Hiroshima, Japan - Hiroshima (Airport Code)
- Horological Institute of Japan (Tokyo, Japan)
- High Integrity Java Applications
- High Importance Job Content (job application term)
- Houston International Jazz Festival (Houston, TX)
- Heavy Ion Jet Interaction Generator
Samples in periodicals archive:
With its high intensity interval training, heart rate monitoring and class camaraderie; it had everything they had been looking for in a workout concept.
TEHRAN (FNA)- High Intensity Interval Training, or HIIT, which has successfully sprinted from the playing fields of professional athletes to the fitness centers of everyday exercisers, may be coming to a cubicle near you.
Prize: Each 1x - 10 Minute Solution High Intensity Interval Training DVD.
10 Minute Solution - [HIIT] High Intensity Interval Training is one of the most effective ways to shed fat and calories in a short amount of time.
High Intensity Interval Training is one of the most effective ways to shed fat and calories in a short amount of time.
Her High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) method alternates short bursts of high effort and periods of recovery, the better to stay burn more calories in a compact time frame.
10 Minute Solution: High Intensity Interval Training