Using DMA's High Definition Volumetric Display (HDVD)(TM) technology, the systems produce 3-D aerial images without lasers.
What does HDVD stand for?
HDVD stands for High Definition Volumetric Display
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HDVD
We have 1 other meaning of HDVD in our Acronym Attic
- Heeresdienstvorschrift (German Army)
- Hepatitis Delta Virus
- High Definition Video
- High Density Voice (Cisco)
- High Dollar Value
- Hochdruck-Direktverdampfung (German)
- Hope Development Volunteers (est. 2009)
- Horse Drawn Vehicle (UK)
- Hotel des Ventes (French: Auction House)
- Heavy Duty Vehicle Application
- High-definition Digital Video Disk
- Hotel Des Ventes Des Chartrons (French: Chartrons Hotel Auctions)
- High Definition Video Graphics
- High Density Vertical Growth
- High Density Vertical Growing System
- High Definition Vector Imaging
- Heavy-Duty Vehicle Inspection Program (California Environmental Protection Agency)
- High Density Vertically Integrated Photodiode
- Hab Dich Voll Lieb (German)
- Hardware Description and Verification Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to CRL's Suspended Images System (SIS), much of the research and development will focus on DMA's High Definition Volumetric Display (HDVD), which is capable of displaying full-motion, 24-bit, high-resolution images that float in free space.
Though it is magical in its impact, smoke and mirrors play no part in this illusory display, as the suspended items are actually projections from Dimensional Media Associates' (DMA) three- dimensional High Definition Volumetric Display (HDVD).