UAVs covered - Micro air vehicles - Mini unmanned aerial vehicles - Vertical take-off - Tactical - Medium altitude long endurance - High altitude long endurance - Unmanned combat air vehicles - Lighter than air - Optionally piloted vehicles For more information visit http://www.
What does HALE stand for?
HALE stands for High Altitude Long Endurance (aircraft)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HALE
We have 5 other meanings of HALE in our Acronym Attic
- Housing and Location Choice Survey (Australia)
- Hardware Abstraction Layer (Daemon)
- Have A Lovely Day
- High-Amplitude Long-Duration
- Haute Autorité de Lutte contre les Discriminations et pour l'Egalité (French: High Authority against Discrimination and for Equality; France)
- Hand-Assisted Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy
- Haleakala National Park (US National Park Service)
- Health Adjusted Life Expectancy
- Healthy Active Living Education (learning program)
- Healthy Life Expectancy (World Health Organization)
- Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education (Michigan State University; East Lansing, MI)
- High Altitude Long Endurance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Halogen Lamp Experiment (US NASA)
- High-Amplitude Low-Frequency (audio signal)
- Homeownership Assistance Loan Fund (Housing Opportunities Commission; Maryland)
- Human Animal Liberation Front
- Hypertonic Albuminated Fluid Demand Regimen (resuscitation)
- Heuristic Application Level Filtering for Linux IPtables Firewall Enhancement
- High Amplitude Low Frequency Pulses
- Housing and Local Government Network (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The goal of this demonstration was to create the expectation that future High Altitude Long Endurance aircraft will be refuelled in flight," Jim McCormick, program manager at DARPA, said.
This demonstrated for the first time that High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) class aircraft can safely and autonomously operate under in-flight refueling conditions.
The Global Hawk UAV developed for the US Air Force is a fully autonomous high altitude long endurance unmanned aerial system.
The Zephyr High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle flew for 54 hours, technology company QinetiQ said.
``Global Hawk can loiter over an assigned area for more than a day or can be retasked to gather information over hot spots at a moment's notice,'' said Jerry Madigan, vice president of Northrop Grumman's High Altitude Long Endurance programs.
It is conceivable, for example, that in the future PACOM might receive real-time data from a high altitude long endurance (HALE) UAV and subsequently alert a Proliferation Security Initiative (PSI) partner to intercept a shipment of WMD-related materials bound for a terrorist organization.
acting program manager of High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE).