[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] GIZZARD SHAD Dorosoma cepedianum OTHER NAMES: Hickory shad, mud shad, skipjack DESCRIPTION: Back is silvery blue fading to white sides and belly.
What does SHH stand for?
SHH stands for Hickory Shad (FAO fish species code)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SHH
We have 40 other meanings of SHH in our Acronym Attic
- Straight Homogeneous Generalized Cylinder (differential geometry)
- Solar Heat Gain Factor
- Southern Housing Group Ltd. (London, England, UK)
- Sustainable Homes and Gardens Limited (UK)
- Second Harmonic Generation Microscopy
- Self-Heating Group Ration
- Solar Hydrogen Generation Research (University of Nevada Las Vegas)
- Saint Hilda's Girls School (Southport, Queensland, Australia)
- Salem Harbor Generating Station (Salem, MA)
- Spencer Historical and Genealogical Society (South Haven, MI)
- Sacred Heart Hospital (Allentown, Pennsylvania)
- Sarah Heinz House (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Second Harvest Heartland (est. 2001)
- Shishmaref, Alaska (Airport Code)
- Sonic Hedge Hog
- Sonic Hedgehog
- Spence Harris Hogan Associates (UK; est. 1992)
- Super Hero Hype
- Supportive Housing for the Homeless (Ohio)
- Svenska Handelshögskolan (Swedish: Swedish School of Economics; Helsinki, Finland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of their primary concerns regarding the health of the river was the decline of migratory fish stocks, such as American shad, hickory shad, blueback herring, and striped bass that were once so plentiful in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
Anadromous fish that are benefitting as a result are alewife (Alosa pseudoharengus), American shad (Alosa sapidissima), hickory shad (Alosa mediocris), Atlantic sturgeon (Acipenser oxyrhynchus), striped bass (Morone saxatilis), and an endangered species, the shormose sturgeon (Acipenser brevirostrum).