Bears' blood also contains a hormone (chemical messenger) called hibernation induction trigger (HIT), which appears to protect tissues receiving a reduced blood supply.
What does HIT stand for?
HIT stands for Hibernation Induction Trigger
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HIT
We have 241 other meanings of HIT in our Acronym Attic
- Heads of Information Technology (Canada)
- Health Indicator Test (military helicopter)
- Health Industry Today (publication)
- Health Information Technology
- Health Insurance Tax
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Heavy Ion Tea (LBNL talk series)
- Heavy Ion Telescope
- Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia
- Heterojunction with Intrinsic Thin Layer (products by SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.)