They revealed then that a type of superfast, high-current transistor known as a heterojunction bipolar transistor can emit useful amounts of infrared light.
What does HBT stand for?
HBT stands for Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HBT
We have 62 other meanings of HBT in our Acronym Attic
- Healthcare Business Services Group, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Honours Bachelor of Social Work (Lakehead University; Canada)
- Hospital Bed Safety Workgroup
- Harvard Business School Working Knowledge (web site)
- Half Bow-Tie (antenna type)
- Hanbury-Brown-Twiss (interferometer)
- Hand Brake Turn (Australia)
- Hardball Talk (baseball; (National Broadcasting Company)
- Heflex Bioengineering Test
- Herring Bone Twill
- Hitit Bilgi Teknolojileri (Turkey)
- Holistic Body Training (UK)
- Holy Bible Trivia (game)
- Home Based Transcription
- Home Brew Talk (website)
- Home Business Tips (ezine)
- Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender (sexual orientation)
- Hostage Barricade Team (police)
- Houston Belt and Terminal Railway Company (also abbreviated as HB&T)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The divide-by-2 and divide-by-4 circuits were designed by BAE Systems and manufactured in Vitesse's second generation Indium Phosphide Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor process (VIP-2(TM)).
25 microwave bipolar complementary metal oxide semiconductor (BiCMOS) process offers high-performance technology with NpN heterojunction bipolar transistors (HBTs) up to fT/fmax= 180/220 GHz.
NASDAQ: KOPN), the world's leading provider of heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) wafers for cellular phones and other communications devices, today announced that Kopin and Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
manufacturer of microdisplays to the consumer electronics, industrial and military markets and the world's largest merchant supplier of heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) wafers for power amplifier integrated circuits.
The primary advantages of HFET technology are its higher OIP3 and lower noise figure when compared to a heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) at the same bias current.
has selected the Agilent heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) model as its standard simulation model for high-frequency gallium arsenide (GaAs) HBT development.
Telecommunication providers are using Kopin's heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) wafers in cellular phones, Wi-Fi, VoIP and high-speed Internet data transmission.