Together with the basic constants, these parameters (M and [epsilon]) determine the evolutionary behavior of stellar objects and the very existence of the well-known Hertzsprung-Russell diagram.
What does HRD stand for?
HRD stands for Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram (astronomy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HRD
We have 90 other meanings of HRD in our Acronym Attic
- High-Resolution Chest Tomography (medical imaging)
- Historic Rally Car Technical (UK)
- Hannaford Bros. Co.
- Hardware Release Document (Ciena)
- Hardware Requirements Document
- Harm Reduction Development Program
- Hawaii Renewable Development
- Hazard Ratios of Death (survival analysis)
- Health and Retirement Study
- Heat-Related Death (mortality)
Samples in periodicals archive:
UK) present the proceedings of a November 2008 workshop bringing together researchers studying the morphologically separated, yet evolutionarily connected, stars in the upper blue and red sections of the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram, which have typically been studied separately in spite of their connections.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Equally economic is the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram, used in astronomy to describe the way stars live out their lives as reflected in changes that occur in their temperature, size and luminosity.