Scholarship Sponsored by Verizon, Hermandad Mexicana Nacional THOUSAND OAKS, Calif.
What does HMN stand for?
HMN stands for Hermandad Mexicana Nacional (Spanish: National Mexican Brotherhood; California)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HMN
We have 22 other meanings of HMN in our Acronym Attic
- Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles (Lexington, Nebraska)
- High Mobility Military Vehicle (common but incorrrect, see HMMWV)
- High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle
- Help Me Mister Wizard
- High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV is a trademark of AM General LLC; aka HUMVEE, also a trademark of AM General LLC)
- HSDPA Multicarrier Multilink Extensions (wireless data technology)
- Health Management Network (health insurance)
- Health Metrics Network (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Hemmings Motor News
- Hereditary Motor Neuropathy (disease)
- Holistic Moms Network (Caldwell, NJ)
- Hereditary Motor Neuronopathy (Distal Hereditary, with Vocal Cord Paralysis
- Hawaii Macadamia Nut Association
- Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Associates
- Helios & Matheson North America, Inc. (New York, NY)
- High Molecular Mass Nuclear Antigen (cell science)
- Housing Market and Needs Assessment (housing planning survey; England, UK)
- Human Malignancy-Associated Nucleolar Antigen (leukemia)
- Her Majesty's Nautical Almanac Office (UK)
- Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge (Oregon)
Samples in periodicals archive:
House of Representatives demanded that the Justice Department prosecute Hermandad Mexicana Nacional for allegedly registering hundreds of illegal voters in a close congressional race, but "federal immigration officials refused to cooperate with the probe citing 'privacy' concerns.
The Antelope Valley Latino Voter Registration Education Coalition held its kickoff Monday at the new Palmdale office of Hermandad Mexicana Nacional, a nonprofit group that hosts citizenship and language classes but also got involved 10 years ago in a dispute during an Orange County congressional election over whether it registered noncitizens to vote.
Dora Valdovinos works for Hermandad Mexicana Nacional Legal Center, a nonprofit mutual-aid organization of Spanish-speaking immigrants.
Hermandad Mexicana Nacional Legal Center $100,000 9.
15 /PRNewswire/ -- Public Interest Watch ("PIW") today called on Attorney General Bill Lockyer to follow through on warnings issued to Hermandad Mexicana Nacional (HMN), a controversial 501(c)(3) non-profit social policy organization located in Southern California, for abusing its tax-exempt status.
Also listed as members are the San Fernando Valley Mexican American Political Association, Latin American Civic Association, San Fernando Gardens Tenants Association, Hermandad Mexicana Nacional, and several other groups and local unions.
The lawsuit filed Tuesday against Los Angeles-based Hermandad Mexicana Nacional also seeks $10 million in punitive damages for failing to properly account for grants received between 1994 and 1998, when the state stopped funding.