The Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, 'Mister Ed' Miliband, proved he wasn't even as clever as his namesake talking horse when he 'forgot to mention' two teensy-weensy little issues - the economic deficit and immigration - in his State of the Nation address to the Labour conference.
What does HMLO stand for?
HMLO stands for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HMLO
- Hard Metal Lung Disease
- Herd Mange/Lice Elimination (animal health)
- Historic Munhall Library Estates (Munhall, PA)
- Hungarian Metal Link Exchange
- High Methionine Low Folate (clinical experiment diet)
- Human Myelodysplasia/Myeloid Leukemia Factor 1 (gene)
- Harden Murrumburrah Landcare Group (Australia)
- Hazardous Marine Life Injuries (Divers Alert Network course)
- Hierarchical Multivariate Linear Model
- High Marsh/Low Marsh
- Home Mortgage Lending Online
- High Mast Light Pole (luminary support structure)
- High Mastery Low Performance (composition strategy)
- High-speed Multi-Layer Protocol (videoconferencing/telecommunications)
- Hingham Municipal Lighting Plant (municipal electric utility; Hingham, MA)
- Home Modification Loan Program (Massachusetts)
- Hull Municipal Light Plant (municipal electric utility; Hull, MA)
- Hereditary Myopathy of Labrador Retrievers (muscle disorder)
- His/Her Majesty's Land Registry
- Holden Museum of Living Reptiles (Detroit Zoo; Detroit, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Both are now consigned to Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, and yet are still desperately hoping for a return to power, with Nicola as the leader of the opposition.
As Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition in Ottawa, Mulcair's job is to present a credible, viable alternative to the team on the opposing front benches.
That's not called being Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.
Which isn't the kind of King Kong Conservatism we're used to, with Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition beating its hairy chest, then bashing the Government over every one of its policies.
The Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition has been so utterly 'loyal' to the Prime Minister that the prospect of warfare has been greeted with deafening silence from the Tories.
THIS being the height of the silly season, let us train the spotlight on Her Majesty's loyal Opposition.
In the next election, Manning became Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.