Resulting antibodies bind to the heparin-platelet factor 4 complex via their Fab portions, and the Fc portions of these antibodies bind to receptors on the platelet surface resulting in platelet activation.
What does HPF4 stand for?
HPF4 stands for Heparin-Platelet Factor 4
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPF4
- Horizontal Processing Facility (US NASA)
- Horsepower Factor
- Host Parameter File
- Hours Post Fertilization
- Human Powered Flight (aviation)
- Hurley Palmer Flatt (UK engineering consultancy)
- High-Performance FORTRAN for Advanced Applications
- High Pressure Freezing and Freeze Substitution
- Human Parainfluenza Virus Type 3
- Anti-Human Platelet Factor 4
- Hampshire Playing Fields Association (est. 1926; UK)
- High Performance Fortran Application
- High Performance Fortran Associates (South Lake Tahoe, CA)
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (est. 1943)
- Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players (book)
- Highland Park First Aid Squad (New Jersey)
- Health Products and Food Branch (Canada)
- Hypo Public Finance Bank (Ireland)
- Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (Canada)
- Harry Potter Fan Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
Prospects The Company expects to launch its HealthTest HPF4 Assay, the first rapid test for heparin-platelet factor 4 antibodies, in mid-2004.
HIT is caused by antibodies to the heparin-platelet factor 4 complex.