97 US Dollar) Duration: 47 months Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) is a rare, devastating disease characterized by uncontrolled immune response that primarily affects young infants and children.
What does HPLH stand for?
HPLH stands for Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPLH
We have 1 other meaning of HPLH in our Acronym Attic
- Hablan Por La Espalda (Spanish: They Speak from Behind)
- Hereditary Polymorphic Light Eruption
- High Protein-Low Energy (nutritional science)
- High-Power Lab Facility (equipment testing laboratory; Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University; Blacksburg, VA)
- Homogeneous Polynomial Lyapunov Function
- Housing Preservation Loan Fund (Hartford, CT)
- Hull Public Library Foundation (Massachusetts)
- Human Periodontal Ligament Fibroblasts
- Hashimoto-Pritzker Type LH (dermatology)
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (rare congenital heart condition; also seen as HPLHS)
- HP Lovecraft Historical Society
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (medical condition)
- Higher Layer Protocol Identifiers
- Hewlett-Packard Linux Imaging and Printing (software)
- Hewlett Packard LaserJet (printer)
- High Point Little League (High Point, NC)
- Highland Park Little League (Saint Paul, MN)
- Highland Park Lincoln Mercury (Illinois)
- Huey P. Long Medical Center (Pineville, LA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) causes the white blood cells to malfunction and destroy other cells.
Perhaps, however, the possible diagnosis of secondary hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) should also have been considered in that setting.
The TIEF pattern of the hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis patient was clearly abnormal before treatment, a finding that was confirmed by an N-glycan profile with strongly increased truncated and fucosylated structures and a decrease of triantennary glycans.
Histiocytic Diseases, disorders of the immune system that are difficult to diagnose and define, include Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (LCH), Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) and other even more rare conditions.
Abstract Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) is characterized by systemic proliferation and activation of benign histiocytes showing hemophagocytosis.
In 2007, at just four months old, the identical twins were diagnosed with Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis.
However, this triggered hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis.