Limitations of the efficacy of hemoglobin-based oxygen-carrying solutions.
What does HBOCs stand for?
HBOCs stands for Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen-Carrying Solution
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of HBOCs in our Acronym Attic
- Hierarchical Bayesian Optimization Algorithm
- Honda Battle of the Bands (marching band exhibition)
- Harbor Boulevard of Cars
- Hawke's Bay Orienteering Club (New Zealand)
- HBO & Co of Georgia
- Hemoglobin Bovine Oxygen Carrier
- Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen Carrier
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer
- Horse Breeders and Owners Conference
- Hunter Bird Observers Club
- Hudson's Bay Oil and Gas Company, Limited (est. 1929; Canada)
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution (Florida)
- Het Begon Op Klompen (Dutch: It Started on Clogs; Dutch football club)
- Honey Bunches of Oats (breakfast cereal)
- Home Box Office Plus (East) (pay cable network)
- Home Box Office Plus West
- Handboek Beheer Openbare Ruimte (handbook for maintenance of public space)
- Hays Board of Realtors (Hays, KS)
- Honours Bachelor of Outdoor Recreation (Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada)
- Halifax Bank of Scotland
Samples in periodicals archive:
Patent and Trademark Office has awarded Biopure two new patents for a proprietary technology used to develop hemoglobin-based oxygen-carrying solutions, also known as oxygen therapeutics or blood substitutes.
PFCs differ from hemoglobin-based oxygen-carrying solutions in that they are most effective in the presence of higher levels of oxygen.