The HFSB was formed in January 2008 to take forward the work started by the Hedge Fund Working Group (HFWG), whose report on best practice standards was published that month.
What does HFWG stand for?
HFWG stands for Hedge Fund Working Group (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HFWG
We have 3 other meanings of HFWG in our Acronym Attic
- Harvest Fire Worship Center (Miami Gardens, FL)
- Health and Family Welfare Centre
- Healthy Families Warren County (Healthy Families America; Virginia)
- Historic Fort Wayne Coalition (est. 2004; Michigan)
- Humble Family Worship Center (Humble, TX)
- Health & Family Welfare Department (India)
- High-Frequency Word Evaluation
- Human Factors and the Web
- Having Fun With Friends (website)
- Hallaton Field Work Group (archeology; UK)
- High Energy Astrophysics Science Archival Research Center FITS Working Group (US NASA)
- High Fusing White Gold (solder)
- Hinckley Field Walking Group (UK)
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital (Michigan)
- High-Frequency Word List
- Haliburton Forest & Wildlife Reserve Ltd. (Canada)
- Human Forum for Women's Rights
- Highland Forest and Woodland Strategy (UK)
- Have Fun with That
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Hedge Fund Working Group, comprising 14 hedge fund managers mainly based in London and headed by Sir Andrew Large, a former deputy governor of the Bank of England, have tightened up some of the standards recommended in a consultation paper published in October.
LONDON, January 2 /PRNewswire/ -- - Hedge Fund Working Group (HFWG) Initiative Welcomed - 'Great Principles, Now Time for the Details' - Investors Must Help Set the Agenda and Become Key Catalysts for Change Albourne Partners, the world's largest hedge fund advisory firm, today issued a response to the HFWG's consultation paper, welcoming the initiative and making recommendations for the guidelines to be more encompassing and specific.