NASA has selected the J-2X as the upper-stage propulsion for the evolved 143-ton (130-metric-ton) Space Launch System (SLS), an advanced heavy-lift launch vehicle.
What does HLLV stand for?
HLLV stands for Heavy-Lift Launch Vehicle
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of HLLV in our Acronym Attic
- Higher-Level Local Government
- HCC (Hobby Computer Club) Limburgse Linux Gebruikers Groep (Belgian Linux group)
- Hidden Lake Little League (Westminster, CO)
- Haitian Lawyers Leadership Network
- Hispanic Latino Leadership Network (Young Men's Christian Association)
- High Level Language Overwriting Virus
- Haiku Living Legacy Project (historical preservation)
- High Level Language Parasitic Virus
- Harrington Lesbian Literary Quarterly
- Highland Lakes Linux User Group (Texas)
- High Level Language Worm
- High Level Liquid Waste
- Hollow (postal suffix)
- High Level Liquid Waste Evaporator (condenses high level radioactive liquid waste)
- Harrisburg Lancaster Lebanon York (Pennsylvania)
- Habitation à Loyer Modéré (French: Low Rent Housing)
- Hansen Lind Meyer (architects)
- Hearing Loss Magazine
- Heart-Lung Machine
- Help Library Manager (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This new heavy-lift launch vehicle will make it possible for explorers to reach beyond our current limits, to nearby asteroids, Mars and its moons, and to destinations even farther across our solar system," said William Gerstenmaier, associate administrator for the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters in Washington.
I don't think any of the ISS told AFP has agreed to develop sooner than planned a heavy-lift launch vehicle for deep human space exploration dubbed the Space Launch System.
SLS is America's next-generation heavy-lift launch vehicle -- the most powerful rocket ever built.
If the development of a heavy-lift launch vehicle proceeds as planned, the surface of the Moon or a near-earth asteroid is potentially accessible by humans sometime after 2022," the report said.
This marks a profound increase in lift capability, and is the first operational heavy-lift launch vehicle of the next generation.
With faculties and students engaged now, we look forward to creative, innovative and more affordable strategies to guide development of the next-generation heavy-lift launch vehicle.
Major Launch Contract Teledesic has signed a contract with Lockheed Martin, one of the world's leading aerospace companies and premier launch providers, to use two heavy-lift launch vehicles, the Proton M and the Atlas V, to launch a significant portion of Teledesic's satellite constellation.