This order, to be fulfilled over the next 6 - 8 months, supports continued production of Vuzix' low power display electronics for the Light, Medium, and Heavy Thermal Weapon Sights.
What does HTWS stand for?
HTWS stands for Heavy Thermal Weapon Sight
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HTWS
We have 1 other meaning of HTWS in our Acronym Attic
- Hervormd Theologisch Wetenschappelijk Instituut (Dutch: Reformed Theological Institute)
- Hindustan Tin Works Ltd. (India)
- Hear the Word Ministries (Zimbabwe)
- Henrietta Tower Wurts Memorial
- Hanford Tank Waste Operation Simulator
- How to Write Parallel Programs (publication)
- Hill Tracts Woman Resource Network (Pakistan)
- Hanford Tank Waste Remediation System
- Hawaii Tsunami Warning System
- Healing Those Who Serve (Second Wind Foundation; Nunnelly, TN)
- Hostility toward Women Scale
- Hilltown Township Water and Sewer Authority (Pennsylvania)
- Hiram, Tyrian, Widow's Son, Sendeth to King Solomon (Masonic, Mark Master Degree of Royal Arch Masonry; coins & gravemarkers)
- Have Tank Will Travel (Villa Park, IL)
- Hexone Tank Waste Treatment
- High Technology Waste Treatment (project)
- Harry Tracy Water Treatment Plant (Department of Public Works; San Francisco, CA)
- Heart Transplantation (cardiology)
- Higher Technical Examination Programme (Denmark)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This improvement leverages the current technology in the Heavy Thermal Weapon Sight program.
The CROWS sensor suite permits target engagements under day and night conditions and includes a daytime video camera, image intensifier, heavy thermal weapon sight, and laser rangefinder.
Raytheon was the first government-qualified supplier of AN/PAS-13 light, medium, and heavy thermal weapon sights and has delivered in excess of 28,000 to the Army, which is more than any other supplier.
BAE Systems produces light, medium, and heavy thermal weapon sights using the company's MicroIR[R] uncooled infrared sensor technology to generate superior infrared imagery without the need for bulky, power-consuming cryogenic cooling equipment.
Raytheon is the only government-qualified supplier of AN/PAS-13 light, medium, and heavy thermal weapon sight (TWS) systems.
The company produces light, medium, and heavy thermal weapon sights using the company's MicroIR[R] uncooled infrared sensor technology to generate superior infrared imagery without the need for bulky, power-consuming cryogenic cooling equipment.
The awards cover production of light, medium and heavy thermal weapon sights, expansion of the company's Dallas manufacturing facility, and product improvements.