The Debt Reduction Grant supported Liberia s efforts to implement a commercial debt reduction strategy, in the context of the Heavily Indebted Poor Country (HIPC) Initiative.
What does HIPC stand for?
HIPC stands for Heavily Indebted Poor Country (World Bank initiative)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HIPC
We have 28 other meanings of HIPC in our Acronym Attic
- High-Power Acquisition Radar
- Hot In-Place Asphalt Recycling (pavements)
- High Impulse Precision Armament System
- High Performance Armament System
- High Power Auroral Stimulation
- Hi Parkes All-Sky Survey (radio astronomy)
- High Performance Antiproton Trap
- High Income Principal and Yield Securities Corporation
- Hypoxia-Inducible Protein Binding Site
- Health Insurance Purchasing Cooperative
- Heterogeneous Interprocess Communications
- High Performance Computing
- Highly Indebted Poor Countries
- Highly Indebted Poorest Country
- Hosted IP Centrex
- Hawaii Island Portuguese Chamber of Commerce (Hilo, Hawaii; est. 1982)
- Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre (hotel; Czech Republic)
- Highly Indebted Poor Country Initiative
- Hastings Intellectual Property and Cyber Law Society (Hastings College of the Law; University of California)
- Hamilton Investment Properties Community Housing Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
Most of the remaining debt will be cancelled when Liberia reaches its Completion Point under the Heavily Indebted Poor Country (HIPC) initiative, probably in 2010," the 185-nation lender said.
At the historic Gleneagles summit in July 2005, G8 leaders pledged to double assistance to Africa by 2010, while writing off the remainder of bilateral and multilateral debts owed by two dozen countries qualifying under the IMF and World Bank's Heavily Indebted Poor Country (HIPC) program.