Heat shock factor-1 activated another protein that kept the tumour cells alive even after they were exposed to radiation and chemotherapy.
What does HSF1 stand for?
HSF1 stands for Heat Shock Factor-1 (aka Heat Shock Transcription Factor-1)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Huffman-Shannon-Fano (coding scheme)
- Human Space Flight
- Humanitas Salubritas et Felicitas (former Humanitarian Aid Organization, Germany)
- Humber Student' Federation (Canada)
- Hunger Strike Force
- Hyper Sentinel Force (Street Fighter game)
- Hyper-Sonic Flow
- Hyperion Strategic Finance (software)
- Heat Shock Factor 1
- Heat Shock Transcription Factor-Heat Shock Element
- Heat Shock Transcription Factor 2
- Hartford Society of Financial Analysts (Hartford, CT, USA)
- Head Start Fiscal Assistant
- Health Sector Financial Analysis
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Alberta (Canada)
- Heartsaver First Aid (first aid for lay rescuers)
- Hertfordshire School’s Football Association (UK)
- High Spindle Frequency Activity
- Holocaust Survivors Friendship Association (UK)
- Home School and Friends Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Heat shock factor-1 activated another protein that kept the tumour cells alive, even after they were exposed to radiation and chemotherapy.
A series of experiments using breast cancer cells showed that a protein activated by the presence of heat shock factor-1 could block the process that kills cancer cells even after the cells' DNA was damaged by radiation.