the ratio between cooling power and system total weight) comparing the other heat-driven heat pump units, up to 50 W/kg versus 25 W/kg of silica-gel technology.
What does HPU stand for?
HPU stands for Heat Pump Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HPU
We have 24 other meanings of HPU in our Acronym Attic
- High-Performance Twin-Tail Aircraft (aviation)
- High-Performance Thermophilic Two-Phase Digestion
- Human Pituitary Tumor Transforming Gene
- High Pressure Test Unit (drilling)
- Harrow Public Transport Users' Association (UK)
- High Performance Transmitter (X) (Nortel)
- Haemopyrrollactamuria (vitamin deficiency)
- Has Passed Urine
- Hawaii Pacific University
- Health Protection Unit (UK)
- Hebei Polytechnic University (Hebei, China)
- Hewlett Packard University (various locations)
- High Performance Unload (IBM)
- High Point University
- High Pressure Unit (various companies)
- High Priority Unit
- Himachal Pradesh University (India)
- Homeless Persons Unit (UK)
- Hour Per Unit
- Howard Payne University (Brownwood, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AHRI offers homeowners the following tips to keep their central air conditioning and heat pump units running efficiently: * Check the air filter and change it if it's dirty, or according to the manufacturer's recommendation, to keep dust from collecting on the evaporator coil fins.
The results of steady-state testing for the low-ambient heat pump unit are shown in Table 1, below.
The heat pump unit produces cold water which is circulated to fan coil units which blow air past the cool coils.
Another efficient option is the heat pump unit, which takes heat from the surrounding air and transfers it to the water in the tank--the same principle that runs a refrigerator, but in reverse.
Select heat pump units also provide supplemental heating - perfect for chilly evenings, after the sun has set.
Split system heat pump units may come close to a 2.
A loop of plastic pipe (ground loop) is placed in the bore holes and a water/anti-freeze mix, connected to a heat pump unit, is then circulated around this circuit.