For many years, heat pipe heat exchangers (HPHXs) with two-phase closed thermosyphons have been widely applied as dehumidification enhancement and energy savings devices in HVAC systems in Western countries (Yau 2007), and the application of a double heat pipe heat exchanger system in the conventional air handler unit operating in a tropical climate is strongly recommended as an efficient method for humidity control and energy savings in order to maintain acceptable room conditions (Yau 2008).
What does HPHX stand for?
HPHX stands for Heat Pipe Heat Exchanger
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Health Promoting Health Service (National Health Scotland; Scotland, UK)
- High Point High School
- Highland Park High School (Highland Park, Illinios)
- Highland Park Historical Society (Highland Park, IL)
- Huntington Park High School (California)
- High Pressure High Temperature (petroleum industry)
- Highland Park Heritage Trust (California)
- Hak Pengusahaan Hutan Tanaman Industri (Indonesian: Industrial Forest Plantation Permit; Indonesia)
- High-Pressure Hydrogen Turbo Pump (space shuttle fuel system)
- High-Pressure High-Temperature Sintering
- Hall Position Indicator (elevators)
- Happy Planet Index
- Hasso Plattner Institute (Germany)
- Hazard Potential Index
- Health Partners International (UK)
- Health Performance Indicator
- Health Plans, Inc. (Massachusetts)
- Health Policy Initiative (various organizations)
- Health Policy Institute
- Health Promotion Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
6 Utility programs AppendicesA Key resourcesB Trade, professional, public interest, and governmental organizationsC Ground-source heat pump manufacturersD Evaporative cooling equipment manufacturersE Desiccant cooling equipment manufacturersF Radiant panel manufacturersG Unitary equipment manufacturersH Heat pipe heat exchanger manufacturersI Ozone manufacturers involved with treatment of cooling tower waterJ Electric chiller manufacturersK Absorption chiller manufacturersL Engine-driven cooling equipment manufacturersM Thermal storage equipment manufacturers.
In HVAC, heat pipe heat exchangers lower air conditioning energy use; heat pump water heaters reuse heat from air conditioners and ice makers; cool storage technology shifts electricity use for air conditioning to cheaper, off-peak hours; and variable compressors adjust operating speed to actual temperature changes for more efficiency.