Coupled with the Bush Administration's Healthy Forests initiative, this has not only reduced heating cost burdens on local governments, but also it has improved ecological conditions in many fireprone forests.
What does HFI stand for?
HFI stands for Healthy Forests Initiative
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HFI
We have 72 other meanings of HFI in our Acronym Attic
- Habitat for Humanity Waterloo Region (Canada)
- Habitat for Humanity of the West Valley (Arizona)
- Habitat for Humanity of West Virginia (St. Parkersburg, WV)
- Hope For Homeless Youth
- Habitat for Humanity Zambia
- Hardware Fault Insertion
- Healing for Iran (Austin, TX)
- Health Facility Institute
- Health Food Institute (UK)
- Healthcare Financial, Inc. (Boston, MA)
- Hedge Fund Index (various organizations)
- Held for Investment (finance)
- Hepatitis Foundation International
- Hereditary Fructose Intolerance
- High-Frequency Induction
- Highly Food Insecure
- Hold for Inspection (various companies)
- Hollywood Film Institute (since 1990; in Santa Monica, California)
- Homes for Islington (UK)
- Hope for Israel (Jewish ministry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Environmental Law and the Healthy Forests Initiative C Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003 D.
The BLM lands are just the kinds of forest that President Bush's Healthy Forests Initiative aims to protect.
The Bush administration's budget also includes $760 million for the Healthy Forests initiative, but proposes only about $417 million for hazardous fuel reduction.
In May, the House had passed its version of the bill, which was based on President Bush's Healthy Forests Initiative.
A year later, fires raging in southern California helped Bush push portions of the Healthy Forests Initiative through Congress.
They include Clear Skies, a proposed program to reduce air pollution from power plants; the Healthy Forests Initiative, an effort to reduce wildfire damage by improving forest management; and Climate Leaders, a voluntary industry program to reduce so-called greenhouse gas intensity--the ratio of emissions to changes in gross domestic product--by 18% over the next decade.
The Bush administration's wildfire plan, known as the Healthy Forests Initiative, includes a proposal to waive NEPA environmental reviews and appeals for a broad category of commercial logging.