In somewhat unclear language, CMS indicated that MAAA tests should continue to be billed using the existing Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes as they have been in the past.
What does HCPCS stand for?
HCPCS stands for Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System ((est. 1978; Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCPCS
We have 2 other meanings of HCPCS in our Acronym Attic
- Homogeneous Charge Progressive Combustion (diesel motors)
- Hollow Core Photonic Crystal Fibers
- Health Care Program for Children in Foster Care (California)
- Haringey Community Police Consultative Group (est. 1985; UK)
- Highland Coffee Promotion Company Ltd. (Nepal)
- Home Counties Premier Cricket League (UK)
- Hazardous Chemicals and Pesticides Control and Management Act (Gambia)
- Health Consequences of Population Change Programme (HIV/AIDS; European Foundation Centre; Brussels, Belgium)
- HCFA (Health Care Financing Administration) Common Procedural Coding System
- Health Care Procedural Coding System (Medicare codes)
- Horsham and Chanctonbury Primary Care Trust (UK)
- Haltom City Police Department (Haltom City, TX)
- Harvey Cedars Police Department (Harvey Cedars, New Jersey)
- Hawaii County Police Department
- Heartland Consumers Power District (Madison, SD)
- Howard County Police Department (Maryland)
- Huron County Planning Department (Canada)
- Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies (Boston, MA)
- Health Care Personnel Delivery System
- Hayes Center for Practice Excellence (est. 2005; optometric business education; Memphis, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
J-Codes" (so-called because they begin with the letter 'J') are part of the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Level II set of procedure codes.
95 Paperback RB115 Grider, a certified professional coder, shows medical assistants, medical insurance specialists, new medical office personnel, physicians, independent billing personnel, and other health care providers how and when to use modifiers with Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes to indicate that a service or procedure was modified in some way.
During the first phase of the program, CMS will collect clinical data through a set of Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes--also called G-codes--that will be included in the claims physicians submit to CMS.
CMS defines SCODs by their Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes, which CMS assigns to products, supplies, and services for billing purposes.
The changes included adoption of a revised pharmacy claim standard from the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs and allowance for the continued use of "J" codes from the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System.
announced today that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has assigned a unique, permanent Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) J-code for Halaven[R] (eribulin mesylate) Injection.
Drawing advice from both educators and employers, they cover reimbursement, the ninth edition and the new tenth edition of The World Health Organization's International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modifications (ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM), The American Medical Association's Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding system and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) developed for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries and individuals enrolled in private health insurance programs, and inpatient coding.