The 2012 South African National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (SANHANES-1)  is the first of a series of surveys designed to assess the health and nutritional status of adults and children in SA.
What does HANES stand for?
HANES stands for Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Healthcare Application Network Delivery System
- High Altitude Nuclear Detection Studies
- Housing and Neighborhood Development Services (Florida)
- Have A Nice Day, Ya'll
- Helping Abused, Neglected, Dependent Youth (est. 1985; Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Hereditary Angioneurotic Edema
- High Altitude Nuclear Effects
- High-Altitude Nuclear Explosion
- History of the Ancient Near East
- Housing Action North East (UK)
- Housing Assistance for Needy Families
- Human Atrial Natriuretic Factor
- Hands Are Not for Hitting (violence awareness program)
- Highly Available Network File System
- Hawaiian Air National Guard
- Housing Authority of New Haven (Connecticut)
- Human Atrial Natriuretic Hormone
- Hari Anti Narkoba Internasional (Indonesian: International Anti-Drug Use Day; Indonesia)
- Hospitality Association of Northern Ireland (UK)
- Hirschsprung-associated Neuronal Intestinal Dysplasia
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tamarra James-Todd and colleagues from Brigham and Women's Hospital (Massachusetts, US) analyzed urinary concentrations of phthalates in 2350 women enrolled in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
Unique national resources that contribute to the success of the ARS human nutrition monitoring program include the National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference and the national "What We Eat in America" survey, which is the dietary intake survey component of the broader National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, commonly referred to as "NHANES.
Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999-2000.
The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III) was conducted between 1988 and 1994 to examine the health of people in the U.
Low blood concentrations of vitamin D were linked to gum disease in a study of 11,200 men and women who had taken part in the federally sponsored National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, Thomas Dietrich of Boston University's dental school and his colleagues report.
Two out of three Americans are now overweight, and one out of three is obese, according to the 1999-2000 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.
According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey released this month, 15 percent of American children between the ages of 6 and 19 are overweight, triple the rate in 1980.