Health Volunteers Overseas calls for technicians to train counterparts in Cambodia.
What does HVO stand for?
HVO stands for Health Volunteers Overseas
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HVO
We have 21 other meanings of HVO in our Acronym Attic
- Hemochromatose Vereniging Nederland (Dutch: Netherlands Haemochromatosis Association; Leidschendam, Netherlands)
- HIV Vereniging Nederland (Dutch: HIV Association Netherlands)
- Home-Visiting Nurse
- New Haven, CT, USA - Tweed New Haven (Airport Code)
- Home-Visit Nursing Care Stations (Japan)
- High Voltage Neutral Earthing
- Hierarchical Virtual Network Interface
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Hayes Valley Neighborhood Parks Group (San Francisco, CA)
- Hawaiian Volcano Observatory (USGS)
- Høgskolen I Volda (college in Volda, Norway)
- Hrvatsko Vijeæe Obrane (Croatian Defence Council, Bosnia)
- Hyatt Vacation Ownership (Global Hyatt Corp.)
- Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (solid fat)
- Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil
- Heartland Volleyball Officials Association (Illinois)
- halogenated volatile organic compound
- Hebron Village Outreach Center (Attleboro, MA)
- Hidden Valley Obedience Club (dog club; San Diego, CA)
- Highly Volatile Organic Compounds
Samples in periodicals archive:
Recipients of the Henry Schein Cares donation include the Afya Foundation; American Jewish World Service; the American Veterinary Medical Association; AmeriCares; Direct Relief International; GHESKIO; Give2Asia; Health Volunteers Overseas working with the American Dental Association; Heart to Heart; International Medical Corps; LDS Charities; the National Baptist Convention USA; MedShare; Pan American Health and Education Foundation (PAHEF); Oral Health of Haiti (OHOH) Coalition; Partners in Health; ShelterBox and US Fund for UNICEF.
The agency O'Linda spoke about is Health Volunteers Overseas.
This class of Fellows will work with NGOs including American Jewish World Service, Family Health International, Health Volunteers Overseas, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, International Rescue Committee, Jeeva Jyothi, Population Services International, The Mothers Programmes and WaterAid, which is a new partner for the program.
Jeanine Bortel (Senior Clinical Study Manager at Pfizer Inc in New York City) will work with Health Volunteers Overseas at Mulago Hospital in Kampala, Uganda, to educate nurses in a training program on women's health.
Mary Racho (Document Coordinator for Pfizer Inc in New York City) will work with Health Volunteers Overseas to develop laboratory operating manuals and support grant project proposals at the Christian Medical Center in Vellore, India.