It's subsidiary, NHIC, which is the Health Insuring Organization for the Texas Medicaid program, will oversee operations for the California Medicare contract.
What does HIO stand for?
HIO stands for Health Insuring Organization
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other meanings of HIOOther Resources:
We have 19 other definitions for HIO in our Acronym Attic
- Histidine Triad Nucleotide-Binding Protein
- Holland Interuniversity Nifedipine Trial
- Ham Internet (ham radio activity on internet)
- Health Information National Trends Survey
- Home Instructors Need Team Support (home school support group; Charlotte, NC)
- Haskell Indian Nations University (Lawrence, Kansas)
- Hawaiian Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Health Informatics New Zealand
- Harvard International Office
- Health Information Organization
- High Income Opportunities
- High Intensity Operations
- Hire Immigrants Ottawa (Canada)
- Hogere Informatica-Opleiding
- Hole-In-One (chiropractic)
- Horse Industry Organization
- Horse Inspection Organization (inspects walking horses at horse shows)
- Harbor Island Owners Association (Harbor Island, SC)
- Hybrid Input/Output Automata
- Hurricane Island Outward Bound School (Rockland, ME)
Samples in periodicals archive:
HMA), the West Philadelphia-based, minority-owned health care company that administers the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare's Health Insuring Organization (HealthPASS), today released a Drug and Alcohol Primer, a publication designed to assist local primary care physicians and other health care providers in the appropriate diagnosis, treatment and management of patients with drug and alcohol problems.
I closed the office-based part of my practice in 1985 to become medical director for the Indiana State Medicaid Program, administered under a new Health Insuring Organization by BC/BS of Indiana.