According to the report "Funding RHIO Startup and Financing for Life: The Survey of Regional Health Information Organization Finance," released in June 2006, 14% of survey respondents indicated that nursing home/long-term care organizations have been involved at the startup phase (compared with 74% of respondents who said so of hospital organizations and 58% who said so of physician groups); 13% said nursing home organizations have been involved in the transition (preparation) phase, and 13% in the production (ready to go live) phase.
What does HIO stand for?
HIO stands for Health Information Organization
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HIO
We have 19 other meanings of HIO in our Acronym Attic
- Hierarchical Integration (benchmark)
- Histidine Triad Nucleotide-Binding Protein
- Holland Interuniversity Nifedipine Trial
- Ham Internet (ham radio activity on internet)
- Health Information National Trends Survey
- Home Instructors Need Team Support (home school support group; Charlotte, NC)
- Haskell Indian Nations University (Lawrence, Kansas)
- Hawaiian Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Health Informatics New Zealand
- Harvard International Office
- Health Insuring Organization
- High Income Opportunities
- High Intensity Operations
- Hire Immigrants Ottawa (Canada)
- Hogere Informatica-Opleiding
- Hole-In-One (chiropractic)
- Horse Industry Organization
- Horse Inspection Organization (inspects walking horses at horse shows)
- Harbor Island Owners Association (Harbor Island, SC)
- Hybrid Input/Output Automata
Samples in periodicals archive:
California Regional Health Information Organization (CalRHIO) is a non-profit, collaborative, statewide initiative to enable physicians, hospitals, and patients to securely access vital health information electronically.
Rochester RHIO, the regional health information organization connecting medical providers in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates counties in New York and Axolotl Corp.
In addition to a rotating lineup of in-booth customer presentations, Siemens speakers will be featured as part of the HIMSS core education sessions and roundtables, Nursing Informatics Symposium, and Regional Health Information Organization (RHIO) Symposium.
Nasdaq:CTXS), the global leader in application delivery infrastructure, today announced the findings of its survey of state- and private-sector health executives on electronic medical record (EMR) adoption and regional health information organization (RHIO) participation.
Our industry-leading clinical solutions are currently at work in more than 350 healthcare organizations, Regional Health Information Organizations (RHIOs) and Connected Healthcare Communities (CHCs) across the country.
Nasdaq: QVDX), a global software and vertical solution company, today announced that it has been selected by CareSpark, a regional health information organization (RHIO) serving the central Appalachian region, for use of its Cloverleaf[R] Integration Suite and QUOVADX[R] Identity Services, powered by the Initiate Identity Hub[TM], to provide interoperability for clinical data exchange among healthcare providers and insurers in the 17 counties of the Tri-City region of Johnson City, Kingsport and Bristol in Tennessee and southwest Virginia.
InterSystems Corporation today announced that the Central Florida Regional Health Information Organization (CFRHIO) has selected InterSystems as vendor of choice (VOC) to enable its health information exchange initiative.