28 /PRNewswire/ -- The Health Industry Group Purchasing Association (HIGPA) today applauded the release of a new Government Accountability Office (GAO) report on group purchasing organizations (GPOs), which detailed the comprehensive, industry leading steps taken by GPOs to ensure transparency, fair contracting, and discount product pricing for American hospitals.
What does HIGPA stand for?
HIGPA stands for Health Industry Group Purchasing Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- High Performance Media Access Technology
- Home Interiors and Gifts Inc. (Carrolton, TX)
- Healthcare Integrated General Ledger and Accounting System
- Hukuk Isleri Genel Müdürlügü (Turkish: General Directorate of Legal Affairs)
- Hyperimmunoglobulin M (syndrome)
- Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing
- Have I Got News for You
- Hawaii Institute of Geophysics and Planetology (University of Hawaii)
- Highlands and Islands Green Party
- High-Resolution Model for Strong Gradient Applications
- Harmonized Insulating Glass Standard (glass quality testing)
- Hemophilia Inhibitor Genetics Study (international research project)
- High-Intensity Gamma Source
- Hemolysis In Gel Test
- Hepatic Insulin Gene Therapy
- Human-Induced Global Warming
- Halloween Is Here (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Hand in Hand (various locations)
- High Impact Halo (gaming website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It would be a good idea for facilities considering starting or signing on with a regional GPO to check its compliance with the new Code of Conduct Principles published by the Health Industry Group Purchasing Association, or HIGPA, at www.
A recent study by the Health Industry Group Purchasing Association in Washington reported that GPOs saved hospitals 10% to 15%, or $12.
Congressional Staff, Independent Ethics Experts Advise Group Purchasing Industry on Aggressive Steps to Remain Healthcare Industry Leader in Transparency WASHINGTON, July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Curtis Rooney, President of the Health Industry Group Purchasing Association (HIGPA), today issued the following statement on the adoption of aggressive new healthcare transparency and oversight measures by the Healthcare Group Purchasing Industry Initiative (HGPII).
June 24 /PRNewswire/ -- The Health Industry Group Purchasing Association (HIGPA), the preeminent organization that advocates on behalf of healthcare group purchasing organizations (GPOs), and the Coalition for Healthcare eStandards (CHeS), the leading industry-wide standards advocacy organization, are combining their efforts whereby a new CHeS will serve as a committee under HIGPA.
Ebert is currently serving as the treasurer of the Health Industry Group Purchasing Association (HIGPA).
He was awarded the 2004 Health Industry Group Purchasing Association (HIGPA) Chairman's Award for his outstanding contributions to the health care group purchasing.
It was recognized as "Purchaser of the Year -- 2002" by Health Industry Group Purchasing Association members.