The programme, designed by researchers at the Medical Research Council and the Health Education Board for Scotland (now NHS Health Scotland), did however have a positive impact on sexual health knowledge and the quality of relationships.
What does HEBS stand for?
HEBS stands for Health Education Board for Scotland
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HEBS
- High-Energy Ball Milling
- Hogere Europese Beroepen Opleiding (Institute of Higher European Studies in the Netherlands)
- Higher Education Bond Oversight Committee (North Carolina)
- Haringey Education Business Partnership (UK; est. 1989)
- Haute Ecole Blaise Pascal (Luxembourg)
- Hillingdon Education Business Partnership (London, England, UK)
- Human Eemopamil Binding Protein
- Human Pancreatic Estrogen Binding Protein (biochemistry)
- Hebrew (linguistics)
- Hyper Employee Badge Reader (United States Postal Service)
- High Energy Beam Sensitive (glass)
- Hospitality eBusiness Strategies, Inc. (internet marketing firm)
- Human Ecology Balancing Sciences (est. 1984; Dr. Steven Rochlitz)
- Human Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences (college course; various universities)
- Human Erythroid Burst-Stimulating Activity
- Heterostructure Emitter Bipolar Transistor
- High-Energy Beam Transport
- London Network for Higher Education and Business
- Hebei University of Science and Technology (China)
- Health Evidence Bulletins Wales (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Health Education Board for Scotland said there are 7000 cases of skin cancer a year, compared with 2000 in the mid- 70s.
The Health Education Board for Scotland (HEBS) re-launched under its new name this month, just days after the star-studded Live + Loud gig was unveiled.
The Health Education Board for Scotland (HEBS), which carried out the research, admitted that the reduction in girl smokers was not "statistically significant" and said more had to be done.
YOUNG SCOT SUPPORTERS The Health Education Board for Scotland Financial Services Authority the Commission of the European Communities Scottish Executive Education Department Scotland Against Drugs Post Office sportscotland The Scottish Arts Council/Lottery Fund The Royal Bank of Scotland Scottish Enterprise Network OpenScotland StormID Microsoft BT Scotland Fujitsu Duke of Edinburgh's Award Additional support for Young Scot Premier from: Scotland Against Drugs Scottish Executive Health Department Scottish Executive Crime Prevention Unit The Health Education Board for Scotland
Now a Health Education Board for Scotland probe is being aimed at 15- year-olds.
The Health Education Board for Scotland has set a target of 50 per cent by 2005.
A Health Education Board for Scotland report has found companies are behaving in a Dickensian style by holding back on essentials such as potatoes and vegetables, despite a campaign to encourage healthy eating.