Similar to a financial power of attorney, a health care power of attorney, can be designated as either durable or springing.
What does HCPA stand for?
HCPA stands for Health Care Power of Attorney (medical decision making)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HCPA
We have 9 other meanings of HCPA in our Acronym Attic
- hydrated cement paste
- Hydrocephalus (neurology)
- Hypervelocity Countermeasures Program
- Hypnotize Camp Posse (band)
- Hypothermal Coal Process
- Heme Carrier Protein 1
- Hamilton County Police Association (Ohio)
- Handicapped Children's Parents Association (est. 1987)
- Hate Crimes Prevention Act
- Hawaiian Cultural Preservation Association (Hawaii)
- Health Care Practice Area
- Hobby Center for the Performing Arts (Houston, TX)
- Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre (Portuguese: Clinical Hospital of Porto Alegre; Porto Alegre, Brazil)
- Houston Climate Protection Alliance (Texas)
- Habitat Conservation Plan Advisory Committee (Florida)
- Health Care Professional Advisory Committee (American Medical Association)
- Henry County Performing Arts Center (McDonough, GA)
- House of Commons Public Accounts Committee (UK)
- Hudson County Public Art Commission (New Jersey)
- Health Care Products Association of Manitoba (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Financial checklist Health care checklist Wills Living will Trusts Health care power of attorney Durable financial power DNR (do not resuscitate) order of attorney Life insurance and annuities HIPAA release form Investments Health insurance policies Bank accounts Long-term-care insurance Charge cards List of medications Burial plots & pre-paid funerals End of life wishes (discussion) Parents' advisors Basics Financial advisor Driver's license or state-issued ID Lawyer Insurance cards Accountant/tax advisor Medicare, VA, Medicaid cards Religious counsel Phone numbers of friends Doctors Safe deposit box Marriage records Military records Copies of birth and death certificates
The wills clinic provided the participants with a simple will with a personal property memorandum, a living will or declaration for a desire of natural death, and a health care power of attorney.
One audience member remarked that advanced care directives are the most important thing he does as a geriatrician, and another acknowledged the struggle that often arises over goals of care with family members and health care power of attorney documents.
Sitarz provides instructions for completing standard and customized forms for a living will, health care power of attorney, and durable power of attorney; related forms (e.
When packing, include a copy of important papers such as a living will and health care power of attorney.
Your health care power of attorney may or may not be the person with the power to disburse your assets if you are incapacitated, but that person should have his or her name on a joint checking account in case bills need to be paid.
South Carolina recognizes The South Carolina Health Care Power of Attorney and the Declaration of a Desire for a Natural Death.