Millions of Americans are harmed every year by medical errors and health care acquired infections that are preventable," said Lisa McGiffert, Director of Consumers Union's Safe Patient Project (www.
What does HCAI stand for?
HCAI stands for Health Care Acquired Infection
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HCAI
We have 11 other meanings of HCAI in our Acronym Attic
- Hill Country Arts Foundation (Ingram, TX)
- Health Care Action Group
- Hispanic Contractors Association of Georgia
- Home Construction Advisors Group
- Howard County Art Guild (Ellicott City, MD)
- Hays County Animal Hospital (San Marcos, TX)
- Hendricks County Animal Hospital (est. 1987; Danville, IN)
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Health Plans Survey
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers & Systems (also seen as CAHPS)
- Health Care Access Improvement Act
- Health Care for All Illinois (statewide coalition)
- Health Claims for Auto Insurance (Canada)
- High Class All Inclusive (hotels)
- High-Current Arc Ignition (electronics)
- Hubbard College of Administration International (Scientology)
- Human Carbonic Anhydrase Isozyme II
- Hadronic Calorimeter
- Hill Country Animal League (Boerne, TX)
- Hitachi Capital Auto Lease (Japan)
- Hudson County Animal League (New Jersey)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As part of this remit, the NAO recently published a report into Health Care Acquired Infections (HCAIs), and the government's strategy for dealing with the problem.
The law calls for the establishment of the Oregon Health Care Acquired Infection Reporting Program and an advisory committee that together will decide which infections hospitals will be required to report.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate two million patients suffer from health care acquired infections each year resulting in at least 90,000 deaths -- as many deaths as AIDS, breast cancer, and auto accidents combined.