ANSWERS: 1 Rats; 2 100 metres; 3 A bird; 4 The Head of the River Race; 5 Keyboard instrument; 6 2001: A Space Odyssey; 7 The Savoy; 8 Hole; 9 The Isthmus of Corinth; 10 Charterhouse.
What does HOTR stand for?
HOTR stands for Head of the River (rowing group)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HOTR
- Heartbeat of the Ozarks Classic Car Club (Bentonville, AR)
- Hood Open/Trunk Open (automobiles)
- Horizontal Takeoff & Landing
- Hot Topics in Operating Systems (Conference)
- HMAC based One Time Password Algorithm
- Hot Off the Press
- Higher Operating Temperature Propulsion Components Program (NASA)
- Hot Photo Interpretation Report (US DoD)
- Half or Triple Plus One (mathematical conjecture)
- Hammer of the Righteous (World of Warcraft game)
- Heart of the Rockies
- Hero of the Rails
- Hierarchy of Trail Routes (UK)
- Home on the Range
- Hastings Old Town Residents Association
- Heart of Texas Regional Advisory Council (Waco, TX)
- Heart of Texas Retriever Club
- History of the Roman Empire (board game)
- The Confederation of National Associations of Hotels, Restaurants, Cafés and Similar Establishments in the European Union and European Economic Area
- Heart of Texas Region Mental Health Mental Retardation Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chin's had been behind to Thames, who won this year's Women''s eight Head of the River against 286 crews, but battled back to beat them by five seconds.
Tees Rowing Club sent crews from Junior-13 to veteran and masters levels, and produced some impressive times at the Durham Small Boats Head of the River last weekend.
ANSWERS: 1 Pam Ferris; 2 Red; 3 Distance travelled by a wheeled vehicle; 4 Edward Heath; 5 Peter Scudamore; 6 Cardinal; 7 Sapphire And Steel; 8 The Head of the River Race; 9 Mark Lamarr; 10 Tottenham Hotspur (European Cup Winners' Cup in 1963).
MORE than 400 rowers raced past the Millennium Stadium in 90 boats at the third Cardiff Small Boats Head of the River Race.
At the head of the River Teifi lie the ancient ruins of a castle that claims to have been one of the most heavily besieged in Wales.
Last weekend saw Stratford's Senior Men's VIII compete in the Head of the River race on the Thames between Mortlake and Putney.
Preservationist efforts at the mouth are great - pulling the plan together at the head of the river would be even better, he said.