SAN DIEGO -- Most patients with multiple primary malignancies that are potentially related to human papillomavirus present with cervical cancer, and later develop head and neck squamous cell cancer or anal cancer, results from a long-term, single-center study suggest.
What does HNSSC stand for?
HNSSC stands for Head and Neck Squamous Cell
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Health & Nutrition Systems International, Inc. (West Palm Beach, FL)
- Himpunan Nelayan Seluruh Indonesia (Indonesian: All Indonesian Fishermen Association)
- Hughes Network Systems Inc. (India)
- Haldimand-Norfolk Sanitary Landfill, Inc. (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
- Hockey Nova Scotia Minor Council
- Hansen Medical, Inc (Mountain View, California)
- Handri Niva Sujala Sravanthi (Indian irrigation project)
- Head and Neck Surgical Specialists (Englewood, CO)
- Health, Natural and Social Sciences (UK)
- Hypothalamo-Neurohypophyseal Secretory System
- Host Nation Spectrum Worldwide Database (radio frequency management tool)
- Half Nekkid Thursday (blog)
- Herzl-Ner Tamid (Jewish congregation; Mercer Island, WA)
- Host Nation Trucking
- Hostage Negotiation Team
- Hosted NAT (Network Address Translation) Traversal (voice over Internet protocol calling)
- Hotel Nikko Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan)
- Human Neuro-Teratocarcinoma
- Home Network Transport Architecture
Samples in periodicals archive:
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is an important cause of a subset of head and neck squamous cell carcinomas.
Tobacco and alcohol use are well known and established risk factors for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC).
The Abstract (#2413) entitled "A novel inhibitor of STAT3 signaling in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma" describes recent research conducted on WP1066, a drug candidate from the Degrasyn class of anti-cancer compounds recently licensed to Callisto from The University of Texas M.
Discussion In patients who have head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC), the presence of nodal disease--either gross or microscopic--remains the most important factor in predicting disease recurrence and survival.
China set a new milestone in the history of gene therapy with its approval of Gendicine, a recombinant adenovirus encoding human p53 tumor suppressor gene, for the treatment of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, and Gendicine is now the core of the country's active clinical gene therapy program, according to a report in the September 2005 issue (Volume 16, Number 9) of Human Gene Therapy, a peer-reviewed journal published by Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
Preoperative permanent balloon occlusion of internal carotid artery in patients with advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
OGFr has been found on pancreatic adenocarcinoma, head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, colon cancer, renal cell carcinoma, and neuroblastoma, among others.