Tweddle's Peer Communications Framework (PCF), one of the connection strategies Tweddle supports, protects in-vehicle systems by ensuring only automotive-grade services enter the vehicle environment, providing the most secure connection between the head unit and the cloud.
What does HU stand for?
HU stands for Head Unit
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HU
We have 10 other meanings of HU in our Acronym Attic
- Henry David Thoreau Zen Sangha (meditation group; West Newtown, MA)
- Hacettepe Üniversitesi (Turkey)
- Haigazian University (Beirut, Lebanon)
- Hamdard University
- Hampton University
- Handling Unit
- Harding University (Searcy, AR, USA)
- Harvard University
- Hauptuntersuchung (German: car inspection)
- Heads Up (poker)
- Hebrew University (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Helicopter Utility Squadron (US Navy Aviation unit designation used in from 1948 to 1965)
- Hell-Unleashed (gaming, Diablo II)
- High Usage
- Hiroshima University (Japan)
- Hofstra University
- Hokies United (Virginia Tech)
- Hokkaido University
- Hollins University (Roanoke, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ALPINE Electronics has launched its latest DVD/iPod head unit for motorhome and caravan owners.
Damato points out that oftentimes when aftermarket audio is installed in vehicles, functions like door chimes and steering wheel audio controls cease to work because they're routed through the OE head unit.
Using the spectrum space between analog radio signals, iBiquity equips local radio stations to broadcast digital signals containing real-time traffic information which is decoded by an aftermarket head unit in the vehicle.
Blaupunkt, Siemens VDO, Delphi and Visteon Dominate 68 Percent of Audio Market BOSTON -- The new Strategy Analytics report, "OE Automotive Audio: Leading Suppliers Hold Their Positions," concludes that Blaupunkt, Siemens VDO, Delphi and Visteon still dominate the supply of audio head units for new vehicles produced across Europe and North America, despite increasing competition in automotive digital multimedia.
In 2014, Continental will launch series production of an Internet-capable multimedia head unit that conforms to the GENIVI standard.
32,000-color thin-film transistor (TFT) screen on the face of the head unit.
The Blackfin processor has proven a good fit for our audio head units.