Going beyond baseline modem functionality, the SoftAMC audio/modem solution also supports Conexant's soft audio technologies, including its professional quality wavetable synthesis solutions WaveStream(TM) 128EW, Mega WaveStream(TM) and Head Related Transfer Function (HRTF) 3D (A3D).
What does HRTF stand for?
HRTF stands for Head Related Transfer Function (3D Audio)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of HRTF
We have 1 other meaning of HRTF in our Acronym Attic
- Hydraulic Rough Terrain Crane
- High Resolution Thermal Denaturation (biochemistry)
- Human Resource Training Development
- Harriman Research and Technology Development Corporation (Albany, NY)
- High Resolution Terrain Elevation
- High Road to Education (nail technician training group)
- Human Renal Tubular Epithelial Antigen (immunology)
- Human Rights Through Education (Ann Arbor, MI)
- High-Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Harm Reduction Task Force (health)
- Human Resources Task Force
- Human Rights Task Force (est. 1991; Sri Lanka)
- Human-Rated Test Facility (US NASA)
- Hampton Roads Technology Incubator (Hampton Roads Technology Council; Virginia)
- Hampton Roads Transportation, Inc. (Norfolk, VA)
- Harm Reduction Training Institute (drug use)
- High Resolution Terrain Information
- Home Remodeling Technology Inc. (Lakewood, CO)
- Hampton Roads Technology Incubator System (Virginia)
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society Refugee Trust of Kenya (Kenya)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Cooper-Bauck virtualizing algorithms use Head Related Transfer Function (HRTF), Inter-aural Time Delay (ITD) and Crosstalk Cancellation technologies to create the illusion of multiple speakers surrounding the listener.
About the FOCUS and SRS Technologies The SRS Labs' FOCUS technology employs what are called Head Related Transfer Functions (HRTFs) to identify the directionality and spatial qualities of sound that enters the ears.
An added feature of the OTI-611 is that it supports A3D, Aureal's innovative Head Related Transfer Function (HRTF)-based 3D audio technology.
The head related transfer function (HRTF) 3D sound permits sound sources to appear to be located randomly in three dimensions with only two speakers, giving the effect of true 3D sound.
Audio features provided by downloadable microcode, include: wavetable synthesis; multichannel digital and MPEG decoded audio mixing; and hardware acceleration for Microsoft DirectSound 2-D and true head related transfer function 3-D Sound.