Check the forecast and the hazardous weather outlook.
What does HWO stand for?
HWO stands for Hazardous Weather Outlook (US NOAA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HWO
We have 4 other meanings of HWO in our Acronym Attic
- Huron Woods Nursing Center (Michigan)
- He Whose Name Cannot Be Mentioned (college basketball coach Eddie Sutton)
- Handle to A Window (Windows programming)
- Hardcore Will Never Die
- Heavy Water Neutron Irradiation Facility (Kyoto University Research Reactor; Japan)
- He Whose Name Is Not Spoken
- Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary (Hawaii)
- High Weissenberg Number Problem
- Hardcore Wrestling Organization (est. 2003; Shreveport, LA)
- Hazardous Waste Operations
- Hindu Women's Organisation (Trinidad and Tobago)
- Human Welfare Organization (Pakistan)
- Home World of Abraxas
- Hosanna World Outreach Centre (New Zealand)
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Healthworld Online
- Hazardous Waste Operations Plan
- Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (Dave Eggers book)
- High Water of Ordinary Spring Tides
- Half Wave Optical Thickness
Samples in periodicals archive:
That's where heavy snow is likely to fall, according to a separate hazardous weather outlook issued Sunday for the Cascades north of Santiam Pass.
Were a Blizzard of '78 to threaten now, he said, a hazardous weather outlook detailing what might be happening would be issued at least four days before a storm hit.
The NWS, nonetheless, issued a hazardous weather outlook Wednesday, saying isolated areas could receive much heavier rain with possible flooding.