This is primarily why NAVSCOLEOD consists of 143 training days, while the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Hazardous Devices School (HDS), the training program attended by civilian bomb technicians, is only 35 training days.
What does HDS stand for?
HDS stands for Hazardous Devices School
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HDS
We have 199 other meanings of HDS in our Acronym Attic
- Hamilton Depression Scale
- Harbor Day School (Corona del Mar, CA)
- Hard Disk Subsystem
- Hardware Design Specification
- Hardware Diagnostic Suite
- Harmonic Drive Systems (Japan)
- Harry Dean Stanton (actor)
- Hartley Data Service, Inc. (Glenview, IL)
- Harvard Design School
- Harvard Divinity School
- Head of Defence Sales (UK Ministry of Defence; now Head of Defence Export Sales)
- Head of Democratic Services (UK)
- Health and Diet Survey
- Health Delivery System (various organizations)
- Healthcare Documentation Specialist (medical transcriptionist)
- Help Desk Support (information technology)
- Herbal Dietary Supplement
- Héroes del Silencio (rock group)
- Heteroschedastic Database System
- Hierarchic Dementia Scale
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since 1971, Army personnel have trained the technicians of civilian public safety bomb squads (PSBSs) at the Hazardous Devices School (HDS) at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
The Hazardous Devices School (HDS), a joint effort between the FBI and the U.
We are finalizing our reseller agreement with a leading x-ray scanner manufacturer, increasing the number and variety of images in our development and validation database, and advancing towards validation testing at the FBI's Hazardous Devices School at Redstone Arsenal over the next 90 days.
One of our most successful efforts has been in training the nation's bomb technicians at the Hazardous Devices School in Redstone Arsenal, Alabama.
MSA bomb technicians have specific training in x-ray interpretation to identify improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and are graduates of the FBI Hazardous Devices School (HDS).
This requirement must be met before prospective bomb technician candidates can attend the FBI's Hazardous Devices School (HDS) at the U.