Until the 1970s, he says, such requests were rarely refused, but with the increase in oil and other hazardous cargo, ports have become reluctant to receive a ship that is leaking or might leak.
What does HAZ stand for?
HAZ stands for Hazardous Cargo
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HAZ
We have 16 other meanings of HAZ in our Acronym Attic
- Haitian American Youth of Tomorrow (Miami, FL)
- How Are You PHOTOGRAPHY? (photo exhibition)
- Hebersham Aboriginal Youth Service (Mount Druitt; South Wales, Australia)
- Hagerstown Area Youth Soccer League (Maryland)
- Harrison Area YMCA Swim Team (West Virginia)
- Have You Stored Answers to Questions (US Patent Office and National Bureau of Standards information retrieval system, circa 1958)
- How Are You Today
- Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung (German newspaper)
- HAWK Assignment Zone
Samples in periodicals archive:
Clarke Transport offers a finished goods service, predominantly serving the automotive, consumer, engineering, food, manufacturing, packaging and paper industries and is a specialist in transporting hazardous cargo.
The terminals comply with all legislation relating to the secure storage and handling of hazardous cargo, including COMAH and their outstanding health and safety performance has long been recognised by RoSPA.
Introduction Hazardous cargo contains hazardous materials that seriously endanger human lives and/or the environment (eSafety--Improving .
One fifth of this sea traffic involved ships carrying hazardous cargo or oil products, Eroglu said.
CAPTION(S): SAFE SERVICE Stadium Packing Services export hazardous cargo in accordance with current regulations.
Notwithstanding other questionable operational factors concerning this particular accident that have put the operator Sulpicio under the 'microscope', its action in transporting the dangerous cargo has been described by Philippines' Transport Undersecretary, Maria Elena Bautista, as illegal and in violation of maritime regulations that prohibit the transportation of hazardous cargo onboard passenger ships.
He admitted recklessly driving in the knowledge a hazardous cargo was leaking and failing to notify emergency services.