Since 1987, children educated in Punana Leo preschools have been able to continue in Hawaiian language immersion programs in the public schools, where English language arts is introduced in fifth grade.
What does HLIP stand for?
HLIP stands for Hawaiian Language Immersion Program (Department of Education; Hawaii)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HLIP
We have 3 other meanings of HLIP in our Acronym Attic
- Hargovan Lakhmidas Institute of Commerce
- Home Loan Investment Company (Colorado)
- Housing Loans Insurance Corporation (Australia)
- Halawa-Luluku Interpretive Development (Hawaii)
- Holy Land Institute for the Deaf (Jordan)
- High Level Information Extraction (workshop)
- Human Leukemia Inhibitory Factor
- Human Leukocyte Interferon Preparation
- Hong Leong Investment Holdings (Singapore)
- Higher-Level Image Processing
- High Level Implementation Plan (US DOI)
- High Light-Inducible Protein
- Highland Lutheran International School (Papua New Guinea)
- Home Language Identification Survey (New York)
- Horn Lake Intermediate School (Horn Lake, MS)
- Health Library and Information Services Directory
- Hot-Leg Isolation Valve
- Hastings Law Journal (University of California)
- Haz Lo Justo (Spanish: Do the Most Just Thing)
- Hobby Link Japan (Tochigi, Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, the University of Hawaii at Hilo received a $344,930 award from the Department to create a system of services promoting literacy and oral proficiency among students in grades K-3 at Hawaiian Language Immersion Program schools.