The Haughton-Mars Project Research Station on Devon Island, well above the Arctic Circle, has many features of isolation and terrain that make it an ideal environment to simulate some conditions of space exploration.
What does HM stand for?
HM stands for Haughton-Mars
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of HM
We have 48 other meanings of HM in our Acronym Attic
- Handmaids of Mary
- Hannah Montana (Disney Channel character)
- Hans/Hennes Majestät (Swedish: His/Her Majesty)
- Haptic Modeler (Surface Model Level Navigation)
- Hard Music
- Hardness Maintenance
- Hare Majesteit (Her Majesty)
- Harmonic Mean
- Harmonic Motion
- Harvest Moon (video game by Natsume and Victor Interactive)
- Haunted Mansion (Disney)
- Hayakawa Mystery (Japanese book series)
- Hazardous Material
- Hazardous Material (HAZMAT)
- Health Monitoring
- Heard & McDonald Islands (Kerguelen, Including Prince Edward & Crozetis Islands)
- Heard and McDonald Islands (ISO country code)
- Heavens Metal (Magazine)
- Heavy Magnum (ammunition)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This became an invitation to undertake another, rather more symbolic voyage through the North West Passage to link up with NASA's Haughton-Mars Project on Devon Island, which Pascal runs, in time to observe the total solar eclipse on August 1 2008.
3): 1) the Haughton-Mars Project Research Station (HMPRS), Devon Island, Nunavut; 2) the Pavilion Lake Research Project (PLRP) station, British Columbia; and 3) the McGill Arctic Research Station (MARS), Axel Heiberg Island, Nunavut.