Robert Darnton, Director of the Harvard University Library, has proposed an alternative to Google's plans: a digital public library, funded by a coalition of foundations, working in tandem with a coalition of research libraries.
What does HUL stand for?
HUL stands for Harvard University Library
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HUL
We have 12 other meanings of HUL in our Acronym Attic
- Human Urinary Kallikrein
- Human Urinary Kininogenase
- Hunter/Killer Antisubmarine Warfare Exercise
- Hukbong Bayan Laban Sa Hapon (People's Anti-Japanese Army; Philippines)
- Hot UK Deals (website)
- Hospital University Kebangsaan Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Helsinki University Knowledge Services (Helsinki, Finland)
- Hokejowy Uczniowski Klub Sportowy (Polish: Pupils' Hockey Sports Club)
- Hunter-Killer Submarine
- Helsinki University Library (Finland)
- Highest-Unexpected Loss
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- Historic Urban Landscape (UNESCO)
- Hokkaido University Library (Hokkaido, Japan)
- horizontal uncertainty level (GPS)
- Hawaii Ultimate League Association
- Hand and Upper Limb Centre (Canada)
- Harker United Library Club
- Harvard University Linguistics Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
Robert Darnton, director of Harvard University Library, championed the value and skills of the librarian as an information manager or intermediary.
Metcalf, director of the Harvard University Library, and printed in the second bulletin of The Canadian Collection at Harvard University (1945) recorded that Morse, by donation and through his endowment, was responsible for the addition of 250 books and 750 manuscripts to the Houghton Library's collection and 3,500 books and pamphlets to that of the Widener Library.
announced today that Principal Cynthia Cheng Correia will participate in the joint program of the Simmons Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS) and the Harvard University library system to train Iraqi librarians, archivists, and information professionals.
JHOVE was created by staff at the Harvard University Library to ingest various file formats that they are archiving (see http://hul.
As a statement from Harvard University Library declared, looking forward to the future greater involvement by Harvard in the project, 'For users outside of Harvard, the larger project would make accessible the full text of a large number of public-domain books.
Carpenter traces the salient points about his career as director of the Boston Public Library and later as Harvard University librarian, as historian, and as first President of the American Library Association--by any standard a superb record, yet ending rather enigmatically as Winsor became more occupied with scholarly writing than with administering the Harvard University Library.
1 [Cambridge: Harvard University Library, 1991]), as well as in Notes 46, no.