The conference will feature keynote presentations by Geoffrey Canada, President & CEO of the Harlem Children's Zone, who is nationally recognized for his pioneering work helping children and families in New York City, Dr.
What does HCZ stand for?
HCZ stands for Harlem Children's Zone (New York, NY)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of HCZ
- Hampshire County Youth Orchestra (UK)
- Hill Country Youth Orchestras (Kerrville, TX)
- Howard County Youth Program (Maryland)
- Hill Country Youth Ranch
- Halton Child and Youth Services (Burlington, Ontario, Canada)
- Henderson County Youth Softball (Etowah, NC)
- Henry County Youth Soccer (Indiana)
- How Can You Sleep
- Huerfano County Youth Services (Walsensburg, CO)
- Hamilton Centers Youth Service Bureau (Indiana)
- High Conductivity Zone (geology)
- Hockey Club Zevenbergen (Zevenbergen, Netherlands)
- Hulda Clark Zapper (experimental treatment device)
- Hypertrophic Cell Zone
- Hawaiian Coastal Zone Data Bank
- Hawaii Coastal Zone Management
- Hawaii Coastal Zone Management Program (Hawaii Office of Planning)
- Half Day
- Half Sized Diazo Non-Reproducible Drawing
Samples in periodicals archive:
For instance, a number of cities are central players in local, neighborhood-based initiatives that seek to replicate the innovative poverty reduction strategy developed by the Harlem Children's Zone, even when they have not received funding through the federal Promise Neighborhoods program.
Bush's support, after 9/11 the national service positions grew to 75,000, working in hundreds of nonprofit service programs, including Teach for America and the Harlem Children's Zone, City Year and the National Civilian Community Corps, and in large numbers serving in long-standing organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Boys and Girls Clubs, and the Red Cross.
HHLF hosts monthly programs at more than 20 sites within its network for about 30 students in the Harlem Children's Zone program.
Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, chairman of the Senate's education committee, and five other Democrats, the Promise Neighborhoods Act would create a new national initiative based on a model developed by the Harlem Children's Zone to serve at-risk students in New York City.
The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, US News and Worm Report, 60 Minutes, PBS, CNN, Oprah Winfrey and the documentary Waiting for Superman are just a few of the media channels that have repeatedly covered the Harlem Children's Zone (HCZ) and its CEO, Geoffrey Canada.
The Harlem Children's Zone broke ground today on a $100 million, five-story, 135,000-square-foot public school and community center building at the St.
As President and CEO of the Harlem Children's Zone (HCZ) in New York City, he has dedicated the past 20 years to helping the most impoverished, at-risk youth in America obtain a top education and go on to college.