I couldn't go outside, and I worked in a hardened aircraft shelter which had big doors that were always open.
What does HAS stand for?
HAS stands for Hardened Aircraft Shelter
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HAS
We have 253 other meanings of HAS in our Acronym Attic
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Ventilation
- High Alpha Research Vehicle (NASA test plane)
- High Altitude Reconnaissance Vehicle
- High Altitude Research Vehicle
- High Aspect Ratio Vessel (bioengineering)
- Houston Area Restaurant Vendors Association (networking group; est. 2001; Houston, TX)
- Hotel and Restaurant Workers Union (South Africa)
- Hamilton Anxiety Scale (psychiatry)
- Hand-Off AT&T Switch
- Hanford Analytical Services
- Hari AIDS Sedunia (Indonesian: World AIDS Day)
- HARM (High Speed Anti-radiation Missile) as a Sensor
- Hastings (Amtrak station code; Hastings, NE)
- Haute Autorité de Santé (French: High Authority for Health)
- Hawaii Audubon Society (birds)
- Hawaiian Astronomical Society (Honolulu; HI)
- HCO Area Secretary (Scientology)
- Headed Anchor Studs (construction)
- Headquarters Application System
- Healing Arts Society (former group at Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The B-2s employed 45 guided joint direct attack munitions, each weighing 2,000 pounds, against hardened aircraft shelters in Libya, officials said.
The Tornado was parked at a hardened aircraft shelter located in the South East part of RAF Marham, a mile away from the fire station.
Additional security measures - such as hardened aircraft shelters, minefields and ground surveillance radars - will also need to be installed.
In his role as the Tiger Aircraft Maintenance Unit (AMU) Flight Line Expeditor, he was driving past Hardened Aircraft Shelter (HAS) 26 and observed smoke billowing out of the HAS.
Laage's well-concealed and scattered hardened aircraft shelters and flight line alert facilities still bear witness to the Cold War struggle between the East and West.
One last check of the Targeting Pod (TGP) shows the cross hairs are dead center on the hardened aircraft shelter doors.
As he steps out of the hardened aircraft shelter, he is greeted by a fierce freezing wind in his face.