Since revelations emerged of Molloy's hardball talks for a EUR1million pay-off, Tanaiste Mary Coughlan, as Enterprise Minister, has come under fire from Opposition TDs for agreeing to the deal without seeking legal advice.
What does HBT stand for?
HBT stands for Hardball Talk (baseball; (National Broadcasting Company)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of HBT
We have 62 other meanings of HBT in our Acronym Attic
- Helen Bader School of Social Welfare (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
- Heritage Baptist School of Theology (Toa Payoh, Singapore)
- Hole Board Search Task (memory measurement)
- Healthcare Business Services Group, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Honours Bachelor of Social Work (Lakehead University; Canada)
- Hospital Bed Safety Workgroup
- Harvard Business School Working Knowledge (web site)
- Half Bow-Tie (antenna type)
- Hanbury-Brown-Twiss (interferometer)
- Hand Brake Turn (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We've had enough of these people," Gennifer Flowers complained to Chris Matthews on his Hardball talk show in August.
After a day when the Dail's Public Accounts Committee heard details of his hardball talks for a EUR1million pay-off, a TD demanded he should quit another plum post.