The Transportation Corps was created in 1942 primarily to manage traffic, and it picked up the railroad and harbor craft units from the Engineer Corps but not the assault landing craft units.
What does HARCFT stand for?
HARCFT stands for Harbor Craft
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Housatonic Amateur Radio Club (Stratford, CT)
- Houston Advanced Research Center
- Houston Athletic Rugby Club
- Human Dimensions of the Arctic System
- HUMINT Analysis and Requirements Cell
- Hybrid Automatic Rate Control
- Housing & Regeneration Community Association (UK)
- High Aspect Ratio Cooling Channels
- Housing and the Regeneration of Coalfield Communities (UK)
- Heart of America Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory (US Department of Justice)
- Houston Association of Residential Care Homes (Texas)
- Hyperbolic Area Coverage System
- Home Automation and Remote Control System (school project; Mississippi)
- Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies (University of California, Davis)
- Half Absolute Relative Difference
- Hardware Assisted Resilient Data (Oracle)
- Hayward Area Recreation and Park District
- Health Advantage Research and Development (Nutrition)
- Health and Rural Development (various locations)
- Helmet Assisted Radar Detection
Samples in periodicals archive:
Contract notice: Operational maintenance (ols) ships, boats and harbor craft based or transition to cherbourg.
The types of programs we offer can easily help reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, such as those being experienced by the trucking and commercial harbor craft industries at the California Ports.
Of this, 73% was emitted by ships in coastal waters extending 14 to 100 miles offshore from California, while commercial harbor craft accounted for 14% of the total.
2 million in additional 2005-2006 funding will subsidize the purchase of lower-sulfur diesel fuel to power auxiliary engines on ocean-going vessels, ancillary cargo handling equipment and marine harbor craft.
By developing and executing our Clean Air Action Plan and fine-tuning our pollution reduction strategies on a regular basis, we are cutting harmful air emissions from ships, trains, trucks, harbor craft and cargo-handling equipment while operating a prosperous, world-class seaport," said Knatz.
Using an activity-based approach, the port said the inventory focuses on five emissions sources -- ocean-going vessels, harbor craft, off-road cargo handling equipment, railroad locomotives and on-road heavy-duty vehicles.
An Army veteran, he was with the 361st Harbor Craft Company in Florida and Hawaii.